Q: Why do you make so many lists?
A: Lists are awesome. They don’t need any type of ranking – they just represent easy to digest brain dumps of ideas. I think my brain is just a constant stream of consciousness and when I listen to it, it answers questions in the form of lists. The act of writing a list itself helps me further process the information and remember what’s been reviewed.
Q: What’s the 30 List challenge?
A: Every day, for the next 30 days, I will publish a list of 30 items related to the list name/topic. The writing of the list will be done nightly in one sitting. I may cheat and write the framing of the blogposts ahead of time, but I want to try to reflect all at once.
Q: What are the 30 List Lists?
A: Glad you asked because as Day 0, here’s my first 30 lists within a 30 list list form (I confused myself):
- 30 Favorite photos of 2014
- 30 Happy memories
- 30 Places I want to visit
- 30 Favorite movies
- 30 Things I want to do
- 30 15-minute activities
- 30 Things to be Thankful about
- 30 Interesting people
- 30 Side Projects that Never got Published
- 30 Accomplishments
- 30 Essential items (that I’d spend more money on)
- 30 Favorite Routines
- 30 Favorite Foods
- 30 Questions for Future Clemens
- 30 Pieces of Early Career Advice
- 30 Personal Lifehacks
- 30 Favorite quotes
- 30 Favorite Blogposts
- 30 Favorite Everyday Gadgets
- 30 Things to Teach my Future Kid
- 30 Favorite songs
- 30 Wouldn’t it be cool if…
- 30 Interesting Facts
- 30 Talents I’d Learn if I were stuck in Groundhog Day
- 30 Most Attractive Traits
- 30 Favorite Words/Terms
- 30 Favorite Games
- 30 Favorite Apps
- 30 Favorite Start-up Ideas
- 30 Funniest moments
Q: What is seelemonslive.com ?
A: Seelemonslive.com is still my main blogging area for non-list items as I migrate all of the lists of 30 onto this site and open it up to contributions from my wife.
Q: What did you learn from writing all those lists of 30?
A: I wrote a lessons learned, of course.
Q: What’s next?
A: I really like lists of 30. Here are a few more I wrote in 2014 and 2015. I’ll be migrating these over slowly as I bide for more time to write new content:
- 30 Valuable Things Learned from Giving a Speech
- 30 Motivation Tips
- 30 Priceless Birthday Gifts
- 30 Holiday Gifts
- 30 Realistic Resolutions
- 30 Values of Disconnecting
- 30 0 Degree Camping Tips
- 30 Wedding Planning Ideas
- 30 Work Culture Wins
- 30 TEDx Themes
- 30 Wedding Body Tips
- 30 Amazon Echo Commands
- 30 Cheat-day Meals Post Wedding (NYC Eats)
- 30 Internship Tasks
- 30 Steps to Prepare a Speech
- 30 Little Things
- 30 Sleep Hygiene best practices
- 30 Questions for Professionals
Naturally, I also wrote a book: My Life In Lists of 30
Now working on the second one with the wife: Our Life in Lists of 30